Saturday, April 27, 2013

Resurrection (New York City)

I'm resurrecting this blog.

I originally set up this blog to cover my many travels—hence the name: Transient. At the time of my last post I was maintaining and apartment in Chicago in addition to to my home in Philadelphia, I was traveling often as part of my duties as a member of the Board of Directors of the Association of Professional Piercers (APP), and I was part of a long-distance relationship with someone who was living in Atlanta (before moving to New Orleans).

But things are very different now. I finished my second term on the APP board mid-2011 and I finished my seven-year stint as editor of the APP's quarterly journal, The Point, the middle of last year. My divorce was finalized last December and my son is now old enough to fly by himself, so I no longer have the apartment in Chicago. Lastly, the women who I was meeting in different copies around the country is now living with me in Philadelphia. My travels are fewer and farther between, and I'm no longer the "transient" I once was.

So the blog that was set up to chronicle my transformative journeys will now be devoted to transformation of another sort: my back tattoo. Travel allows you to connect with a different person inside yourself. This will (hopefully) continue to chronicle a new conversation.


No comments: